Who we are:
Sardine enables fintech, crypto, and web3 companies to move money safer and faster by developing fraud, compliance, and payment infrastructure. With Sardine, builders can focus on growing their business instead of spending time, fighting against fraudsters. We're growing incredibly fast and powering over 100 customers around the world, like Brex, MoonPay, Bakkt, Luno, Transak, Chippercash, Candy Digital, Metamask, Brave, and RelayFi.
- We have hubs in the Bay Area, NYC, and Toronto. However, we have a remote-first work culture. #WorkFromAnywhere
- We hire talented, self-motivated people and get out of their way
- We value performance, not hours worked (or what time you work). We believe you shouldn't have to miss your family dinner, your kid's school play, or doctor's appointment for the sake of adhering to an arbitrary work schedule
- US or Canada (From Home / Beach / Mountain / Cafe / Anywhere!)
- We are a remote-first company with a globally distributed team. So you can find your productive zone and work from there
About the role:
As the Head of Finance, the candidate will be responsible for developing, monitoring, and evaluating overall corporate strategy with the CEO and leadership team emphasis on bottom-line performance, working capital and enhancing shareholder value. This position will provide useful financial insights to help make better decisions about formulating and executing strategy.
- Collaborate with CEO to set company direction: lead, design, and implement the operating plan and business strategies, allocate resources, and support as needed.
- Drive company vision and mission, leading to a high-performing and highly engaged team that drives financial strategies.
- Advise the CEO and other key executive team members on financial planning, capital budgeting, operating plan budgeting, cash flow, and policy matters.
- Effectively communicate and present business plans and critical financial matters at executive team reviews and provide solutions.
- Maintain ongoing communication, keeping the CEO and executive team informed of all critical financial issues.
- Develop and coach a high-performing financial leadership team that can drive long-term success
- Develop actionable financial strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the Executive Team.
- Directly oversee finance and accounting teams.
- Oversee treasury management; monitor Company KPI performance, manage relationships with investors, and prepare monthly and quarterly reports to the Board of Directors during business reviews.
- Monitor team's performance by tracking and establishing corrective measures as needed and provide financial analysis, both current and forecasted, to the executive team for use in decision making
- Facilitating ongoing analysis and development of best practices to ensure operational efficiency and process enhancement throughout the organization.
An ideal candidate has:
- 15+ years of financial experience in Banking or FinTech environment
- Ability to lead a diverse organization through growth challenges
- Action-oriented, who likes and accepts challenges and tough issues
- Believes in keeping things simple: organizational structures, communication, process, priorities
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
- Familiarity with the operational procedures across functions at all levels of the organization
- A strong analytical and fact-based mindset that translates into positive outcomes
- Expect high performance from yourself and other members of the leadership team
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Ability to inspire employees to grow and live up to their potential and continually improve performance
- Ability to communicate a vision to Board, Executive Team, and company employees
- Results-oriented and process driven, with high expectations of self and team
- Collaborative mindset with strength in effectively receiving and communicating feedback
Salary Range (Base pay):
Benefits we offer:
- Generous compensation in cash and equity
- 7-year for post-termination option exercise (vs. standard 90 days)
- Early exercise for all options, including pre-vested
- Work from anywhere: Remote-first Culture
- Unlimited paid time off and minimum 2 weeks/year of mandatory vacation
- 100% of health insurance, dental, and vision coverage for employees and 60% for dependents
- 4% matching in 401k
- Company-wide offsites, the last one was at Miami
- MacBook Pro delivered to your door
- One-time stipend to set up a home office — desk, monitors, etc.
- Monthly meal stipend
- Monthly health and wellness stipend
- Monthly meet-up stipend
- Unlimited access to an expert financial advisory
Join a fast-growing company with world-class professionals from around the world. If you are seeking a meaningful career, you found the right place, and we would love to hear from you.