- Workflow & Automation
Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
Full TimeApply now
- Workflow & Automation
At Truework we are hyper-focused on building products that enable businesses and consumers to regain control over how their sensitive information is shared online. Our platform and services empower lenders to complete verifications quickly and accurately while enabling organizations to automate the verification process and ensure the privacy of their employees’ personal data. On the consumer side, we are giving employees unprecedented visibility into how their professional information is shared between third parties such as banks, mortgage lenders and employers. We believe increasing data transparency and returning data controls to the consumer are two crucial steps toward improving the health and safety of the internet as we know it.
This person will be important as they will maintain our financial model and forecasts to guide Truework’s long term financial strength by working directly with the VP of Finance, Head of BizOps and executive leadership to advise on growth, hiring, spending and strategic projects, provide budget guidance to senior executives to ensure Truework is investing in the right areas, develop key metrics to support hiring, scale and profitability goals, and drive the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long-range financial planning.
The FP&A and BizOps teams at Truework are here to help maintain operational excellence and rigor across all of its functions. We serve as trusted business partners, and we own forecast models tied to each function to help performance manage, identify risks, opportunities and areas for improvement. We work closely with Data Science to ensure that the data and metrics we use are clearly defined and consistently delivered.
You will work cross functionally across corporate matters, product, and business development to build upon our successful backing and solid foundations towards sustained growth in a field where Truework’s solution is filling a key gap in a market entrenched with old-tech competitors. We are looking for a trusted partner to help advise the leadership team on the appropriate risk-adjusted decisions that will enable our company’s success.
- Planning. Build and maintain financial and operational plans, including revenue, cost and headcount targets.
- Business Analytics & Decision Support. Conduct research, analysis, and business modeling to help leadership make financially sound and strategically aligned decisions that thoughtfully weight opportunities and risk.
- Performance Management. Help continuously improve reporting frameworks and define/track the right KPIs to drive better product and go-to-market decisions with data-informed insights.
- Reviewing, marking up and managing partnership agreements, customer agreements, and vendor agreements, with the ability to effectively scale contracts function and meet business needs on a timely schedule.
- Reviewing the company’s privacy and related policies and building out Truework’s privacy compliance program.
- Partnering with our people function on areas related to the growth of our Truework team.
- Managing outside counsel engagements and spend.
- Interfacing with customers and potential customers on questions related to privacy, security, data, and regulatory matters.
- You have 6-8 years of relevant work experience in strategic finance, investment banking, consulting, and/or private / growth equity, and with operational SaaS experience. You have a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- Prior experience at a fast-growth startup technology company and ability to not just survive but thrive in a changing environment
- Experience in financial services / fintech company a plus, but not required;
- Wizard level Excel, SQL, and budget reporting skills
- Experience flexing beyond your subject matter expertise, showing that you are true “utility” player and can engage in multiple subject matter areas, in multiple directions
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in privacy & the future of responsible information sharing
- Prior partnership with cross functional teams, such as engineering, design and security
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements across internal and external stakeholders
- Someone who believes there is no job too big or too small
- A “big ideas” engager who can help us spot opportunities and manage risk across our planning cycles
Truework is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Truework will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.