VP of Partnerships
Full TimeApply now
Nautical is building multi-vendor e-commerce technology that will power the future economy. We are looking for wave makers interested in having a lasting impact at a funded startup. We are committed to our work and charge diligently toward our mission to democratize access to marketplace tech.
Nautical is looking for a Vice President of Partnerships to join our rapidly-growing startup. The VP Partnerships will be responsible for building the strategy to acquire relationships with consultants, resellers, brand partners, and service integrators; negotiating contracts for mutual wins, and turning our partners into raving Nautical fans.
The VP Partnerships will report to the CEO and work alongside our Go-to-Market (GTM) team. The GTM team is responsible for sourcing and closing high-value opportunities, driving revenue, increasing brand awareness of Nautical, and building strategic partnerships.
Nautical has offices in New York, Dallas, Miami, and Toronto. We work in a hybrid work environment, value in-person collaboration, and will often meet in-office three days a week.
If you have a passion for building teams from the ground up and experimenting with processes, we want to speak with you!
- Establish, enable, and monetize an expanding set and ecosystem of partners including consulting, reseller, service integrator, and brand partners
- Develop new partnerships and strategic initiatives at the enterprise level and own the success of the partnership function
- Create a partnerships program with storefront development companies and integration partners in tandem with the marketing team
- Generate, monitor, and adjust the partnerships strategy, and best practices to continuously improve results
- Establish clearly defined goals for each partner relationship, and update and maintain proper reporting metrics to GTM leadership
- Drive results hands-on and autonomously while the team continues to grow
- Partner with multiple business functions and manage cross-departmental programs to drive success and revenue
- Represent Nautical at conferences and industry events
- 10+ years of experience building and leading a partnership function and strategy
- Experience building, nurturing, and leveraging close partner relationships from the ground up with large enterprise corporations and C-suite executives
- Deep understanding of the e-commerce industry and B2B SaaS platform products
- A determined and resourceful solution-oriented individual, who is data-driven, and works well in an ambiguous and continuously changing environment
- Thorough and energetic individual, who is comfortable with getting their hands dirty to drive results
- Strategically create, recognize, and seize partnership opportunities
- Prior experience negotiating corporate agreements
- Willing to travel 25% of the time
Beyond The Skills
- You are committed to people. At Nautical, we are radically human. We make everything about people: our technology, decisions, interactions, and product are rooted in the power of being human first.
- You are a lifetime learner. We proceed by leaning into our team, knowing we don't know everything. We listen, make data-driven decisions, and communicate openly.
- You are customer-centric. We are customer focused because acting in the interest of our customers is always the right choice.
- You are solution-oriented. We leave our egos at the door and focus on solving problems. We are okay with being wrong to make sure the product is right.
- You are passionately different. We believe in the strength of diversity, embracing different perspectives and cultures to improve our community and our decision quality.
- Competitive salary and equity at a fast-growing company at the Series A stage
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans- from day 1
- A hybrid work environment
- Home office equipment budget
- 20 days PTO